Anita was born and raised in Wellington, New Zealand.
In 2000 she graduated from Victoria University with an Interior Design Degree.
After graduating, Anita left NZ to follow her fiancé to Europe before settling in London where she began her Interior Design career.
Whilst in London Anita worked for the following companies:
– Tessa Kennedy Design – Interior Design (West London)
– London Underground – Office & Space Planning (Westminster)
– Selfridges – Retail Design & Space Planning (Central London – Oxford Street)
– Swanke Hayden Connell Architects – Commercial Interior Design (London City)
In her seven years living and working in London, Anita gained extensive experience in all aspects of design, both residential and commercial, with a majority of it being for high profile clients such as;
– George Harrison (Residential)
– Ritz Hotel (Bar)
– Ernst & Young (Offices)
– Lehman Brothers (Canary Wharf Offices)
– Calvin Klein (Retail)
– Topshop (Retail)
Upon returning to New Zealand Anita worked for the architectural firm Jasmax in Wellington before starting her own successful companyAnita Thomas Interiors Ltd in 2009.